Our Landrover 101 Forward Control is a former Military Gun Tractor which saw service primarily as a troop carrier with No 3 Royal Commando based in Yeovil. “Monty” entered service in 1976 and has completed xxxx miles from new.
We purchased “Monty” in January 2022 and he has undergone a complete nut and bolt renovation by a specialist workshop in in the North of England. The Landrover 101Forward Control Model is no stranger to Funeral Service - indeed one was used to carry the coffin of Earl Mountbatten of Burma upon his return to London.
Gone is the camouflage paintwork and in its place a new Bronze-Green livery complete with renovated standard external equipment which would have been in place when it first entered military service.
The canvas rear section has been replaced with a wireless type body which has been modified to accommodate typical hearse style panel windows and coffin deck. This vehicle will have considerable appeal to those who served Queen and Country as well as those with an interesting Military history or are Landrover aficionados.
- 4 doors
- Equipped with chrome wheelbier, oak trestles, committal earth box and flower securing devices for both internal and external transportation
- Bearer deck (no cover boards)
- Fixed deck
- Maximum external coffin/casket length is XXXX (between the stops)
- Maximum external coffin/casket width is XXXX (between the stops)
- Maximum headroom through the rear door is XXXX
- Two-piece rear door